DeepSea Lander System
Photo credit: Prof. Andrew K. Sweetman, The Lyell Centre for Earth and Marine Science and Technology, Heriot-Watt University, UK
Full ocean system for microprofiling or incubation studies
The DeepSea Landers from Unisense gives you a unique opportunity to do benthic studies at extreme depth. With many years of experience in adapting sensors and electronics for rough conditions and a strong collaboration within submarine instrumentation with KC-Denmark, we offer a high quality solution for microprofiling and incubation studies in the deep sea.
- Completely automated profiling measurements of up to 8 different analytes
- Automated chamber incubation studies
- Full ocean to 6000 m depth
- Automatic redundant release system including option for satellite tracking
- Unisense In Situ Amplifier and Connector System for easy handling
- Powerful Unisense Field DataLogger
- Ready for optodes and RS-232 devices
- System programming via easy and intuitive PC software interface
- Robust and accurate motor system for 1D, 2D or 3D profiling
- Workshop and training at Unisense
The DeepSea Lander is released from a ship at the ocean surface and falls freely to the ocean floor. At the sediment surface, the internal computer starts the measurements. After measurements, the computer causes the release of the ballast and the DeepSea Lander floats up to the surface.
Each system is individually built according to the customer's needs. Landers of this type can also be equipped with gel peepers to enable analysis of compounds which cannot be assessed with sensors. The Field DataLogger gives you multiple integration possibilities with external equipment including I/O optodes, ROV switches and more.
Please contact Unisense for more details.
|DeepSea Lander System||Please inquire for options and specifications|